1. We started by selecting our colours and dripping them in a sink full of cold water .
2. Once your happy with the colours , you then gently stir the water to create a interesting pattern , the more you stir the smaller the colour blobs will appear , the weaker the colour will be.
3. Then lay gently a piece of paper/fabric on top on the water surface and press lightly to absorb the pattern.
4. Gently lift out of the water and shake off the excess water and dye.
5 . Turn over the paper and see what pattern you have created , simple as that.
6. You usually get about 3 or 4 prints from the coloured water .It will gradually fade after each piece creating a more dull and light effect , but still successful print
7. Spread the paper out over a large table or place into a drying cabinet and leave to dry from about 15 minutes .
8 . Here is the results of some of our marble prints , they all worked very successfully and have all created a different effect each time.These patterns are very intricate and will be perfect to develop into screen print / digital print and eventually can be put onto fabric designs or paper designs.
All images copyrighted to Hannah Marie Muers 2012 .