Saturday 28 January 2012

Print inspiration - Liberty

In my brief i have mentioned about the liberty revival so i want to try include this element into my work.When i was last at London i visited liberty's to see what new season prints they had in store.I also took close attention to the liberty classic and also the s/s section which will be more suitable for my collection of work.Here are some of the new season collections which are inspiring my work;


New Season :


These new season prints by Mistral A Tana Lawn from the SS12 Visualiser collection. I hope to develop my designs into this similar format , creating shapes from florals which almost look unrecognisable.I will also try these designs in various colourways to experiment to see which works best to meet my brief and colour pallet.




Overexposed Vs Detail :


Umbria B Tana Lawn from the SS12 Digital collection. This is one of my most inspiring prints , so simple yet so effective.The mix of classic liberty print which as been edited to give a more contempt and eye catching feel.






Overlayering :


Tiers of Light B Tana Lawn from the SS12 Digital collection. This collection uses a combination of photography and digital manipulation of design work , which creates a very unknown feel.I will think about maybe incorporating photographs into my work to add a more realistic feel and also give the print a more realistic edge.



Nature pattern :
Wookey Hole A Tana Lawn from the SS12 Digital collection. Here is another print from the previous designer , this time she has enhanced her drawings from natural surroundings.




All images and writing copyrighted to Hannah Marie Muers 2012 if stated otherwise.


All images from : http://www.liberty.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

VintageLover.

This blog contains personal College project work & Trend influences.
Powered By Blogger